10 Reasons Why You Should Have Your OWN Realtor When Buying New Construction
With inventory levels of existing homes extremely low, many are flocking to new construction and assume it’s like shopping at Target. At Target, you walk in, pick what you want, and proceed to checkout. While there are some very clear benefits to buying new (Minnesota’s 10 year builder warranty, to name just one), much is still hanging on a few key decisions. While any builder might be quick to push you to sign on the dotted line with their agent, there are significant advantages to having your own representation.
10 Reasons You Should Have Your Own Agent When Buying New Construction 🏡:
1. You want someone who has your best interests in mind! There are plenty of very good agents who can navigate the murky waters of dual agency (who will work on both sides of a transaction), but no matter how good they are, having someone dedicated to only your interests is always the ideal.
2. How custom are you expecting your home to be? Does the lot you want already have the selections made? What is a lot premium? What is normal in today’s market? Your agent can provide education on the process while simultaneously dedicating all the time needed to make sure you don’t miss anything.
3. A Realtor is able to help you choose the best lot and floor plan for resale value. Remember, not every new build is created equal! Just like in pre-existing homes, new construction has various degrees of desirability. The price tag isn’t the only thing to be concerned with. Your agent can help you make the best decision with your budget and preemptively consider all the factors that prospective buyers will be thinking about when it comes time to sell. In other words, Realtors help you get the most bang for your buck!
4. Your agent will help you navigate and decode the extensive new construction purchase agreement and paperwork. As with any real estate transaction, there are a lot of documents and people involved with the process. Having a person dedicated to guiding you through the process and paperwork gives you the peace of mind that nothing is being missed.
5. Did you know there can still be competition in new construction? We can also counsel you through a multiple offer situation should it come up, and make sure you are protected.
6. Your Realtor will help you through the building process and timeline. Need to be in by a certain time? Your agent makes sure the model homes you are looking at have a buildable option for your timeline. No one wants to be homeless.
7. With all the different groups that need to communicate to make a purchase happen, it can be overwhelming to know who to trust. We will help you weigh your lender and title company selections to make sure you are getting the best deal with an amazing team.
8. Don’t forget about the new construction inspection! It is always advisable to have a 3rd party provide an assessment of the work once it is complete. You don’t walk through houses everyday, so don’t trust yourself to know what you are looking for. Just remember that you do get a builder’s warranty so you are protected after the closing. At the same time, it’s always nice to find out about problems ahead of moving in.
9. As always, we are your trusted real estate advisors for life. We are here with you every step of the way and will still be there for you long after closing day. Whether it is just a quick question or an in-depth consultation, your home is foundational to your ability to create impact and we are there to provide insight!
10. There is NO COST to you! You get all these services and more, without paying a commission.
If new construction sounds like something you are interested in and you want to build your knowledge, reach out with any questions you may have. Let’s get building!
Keep up with Wits
More from the Wits Blog:
With inventory levels of existing homes extremely low, many are flocking to new construction and assume it’s like shopping at Target. At Target, you walk in, pick what you want, and proceed to checkout. While there are some very clear benefits to buying new (Minnesota’s 10 year builder warranty, to name just one), much is…
Eric Beise | Realtor If you have held rental real estate for the past few years, you likely have seen your properties significantlyincrease in value. This is a fantastic place to be! For various reasons though, you may now be looking to cashout, upgrade, or get out ahead of some potential future increases in tax…